Our friendly, highly-credentialed physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, and support staff at Provident Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation is dedicated to helping each of our patients achieve their goals. Our staff communicates closely with referral sources and provides timely reports. Most importantly, our therapists provide services that help our patients get real results!
Our mission is to help people function at their best. We want you to move without pain and get stronger so you can avoid future injuries. To achieve continuity of care for each patient:
- We employ only New York-licensed physical therapists with strong training in orthopedic surgical rehabilitation.
- We only see patients in one-to-one treatment sessions and are committed to quality care while building patient and physician trust and relationships.
- We offer comprehensive, intensive hands-on therapy, biomechanical evaluation, and muscle strengthening and conditioning to help prevent future injuries.
- We help people who have had surgery rehabilitate and return to function.
Meet the Therapist
Steven C. DeSousa, DPT, OCS
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Specialist
With a doctoral degree in physical therapy, board-certification as an orthopedic clinical specialist, and over 15 years of experience, Steven is the most credentialed physical therapist in the area and one of the most credentialed physical therapists in New York.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT): Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Arts in Physical Therapy: Touro College, Long Island, NY
- Bachelor of Science in Human Health Sciences: Touro College, Bay Shore, NY
- Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation, Drexel University
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Long Island Physical Therapy Association
- New York Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Private Practice Association
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Association